The Pharmacist, Oncology Specialist will be responsible for the overseeing and coordinating of the institution’s mission as it relates to the clinical use of oncology medications. The Pharmacist, Oncology Specialist shall serve as a liaison between the inpatient Oncology unit, the Cancer Center and the Pharmacy Department.
1. BS Pharmacy and Registered Pharmacist (NYS) required.
2. Hospital experience as an Oncology Pharmacist preferred.
3. Computer knowledge preferred.
4. ACCP Board Certification (BCOP or BCBP) is preferred.
5. Must have developed an area of personal clinical practice in Oncology.
6. A minimum of two years postgraduate experience in direct patient care in an Oncology setting or an oncology specialty Residency required.
7. Ability to effectively communicate required.
8. Membership and active participation in professional pharmacy and oncology organizations is expected.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.