Each staff pharmacist is responsible for the preparation and dispensing of medications and pharmaceutical supplies for both Inpatients and Outpatients of CVPH.
1. Compounding, labeling and dispensing of medications and pharmaceutical supplies to both Inpatients and Outpatients of CVPH.
2. Professional specialist providing drug information services to other health care disciplines.
3. Maintains hospital approved formulary system and recommends approved therapeutic and/or generic substitutions when possible.
4. Responsible for inventory, dispensing, and security of controlled drugs.
5. Provides supervision of Pharmacy technicians, interns and students
6. Provides vaccinations, as permitted by law, when certified to administer immunizations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS Pharmacy & Registered Pharmacist (NYS) required.
2. Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred.
3. Computer knowledge preferred.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.