Under the direction of the Supervisor, transports patients, materials, and equipment to and from all areas of the Medical Center, including the Medical Office Buildings. Performs duties involved with the sorting, preparation, and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, printing, interoffice, and storage/warehouse requirements.
1. Transports patients to and from all areas of the Medical Center in a safe and efficient manner. Participates in preparing patients for transportation, and performing patient lifts and transfers. Chooses appropriate transport vehicle (i.e., infant, child, adult, geriatric).
2. Transports mail, materials, linen and equipment throughout the Medical Center to include medications, medical supplies, specimens, and blood products, in addition to many other miscellaneous items.
3. Responsible for answering telephone, as well as receiving and sending communications regarding support requests. Responsible for effectively communicating with all customers regarding the specific timing and equipment for the transportation functions. Maintains accurate activity and transport logs.
4. Responsible for ensuring all transport equipment is clean and in satisfactory working condition.
5. Accepts assignments from the computerized transport system, dispatcher, coordinator, or supervisor.
6. Utilizes a computer for any type of mission support, including gaining information related to patient room numbers and home addresses for mail distribution purposes.
7. Performs regular mail service for the hospital. Must comply with postal rules and regulations pertaining to national and international mailing standards. Responsible for sorting outgoing mail, assessing appropriate postage rates, and ensuring that the mail is stamped correctly. Performs clerical and administrative mission support.
8. Prepares material for delivery to appropriate storage location/supply points or returns to vendors
9. Demonstrates CPR competency: infant, child, adult, geriatric
10. Communicates with fellow hospital workers any concerns relating to transport of patient and patient hand off appropriate information.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalency is required.
2. Basic computer skills applicable to position specific responsibilities.
3. A high level of sensitivity, interpersonal skills and effective verbal communication skills required.
4. Two or more years of customer service in retail, service, medical or other business environment preferred.