- A high school diploma is required.
- Some assignments require ability to lift 60 lbs. of dead weight and move objects weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Experience with or ability to learn operation of minor Laboratory equipment such as analytical balance, autoclave, water distiller/deionizer, pipette washer and centrifuge.
- Candidate will have computer and keyboarding skills, understand medical terminology and demonstrate customer service ability.
- Good data entry skills required.
- Previous experience as a Laboratory Clinical Assistant, Laboratory Clerk III, Laboratory Clerk IV, or Donor Phlebotomists preferred. Other Clinical Assistants will be considered next if no applicants from prior group.
- Minimum of six months (1040 hours) of professional experience with venipuncture to obtain specimens for analysis as a function, or completion of a phlebotomy training course with certificate required.
- Must complete competency/rotations through Specimen Processing skill set.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.