Under the direction of the Manager, Food and Nutrition Production, performs cold food production duties for patients, cafeteria services and coverage of the deli station.
1. Assumes responsibility and accountability for individual judgements, actions, and decision making.
2. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
3. Works overtime when needed.
4. Projects a positive image within the Medical Center and the community
5. Participates in providing quality customer service.
6. Respects and maintains confidentiality in all areas. This includes patients, families, co-workers, and physicians. In addition, this includes medical, financial, and personal information.
7. Performs cold food production duties as outlined in production sheets for patients, cafeterial service and coverage of the deli station.
8. Produces all assigned cold food items, nourishments, or formula items as required on food production sheets.
9. Adheres to approved recipes and procedures 100% of the time.
10. Follows established procedures of retention, dating and labeling of food to be stored.
11. Produces additional items as required to meet service area demands.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Prior knowledge of various types of food preparation and familiarity with quantity food service equipment. Quantity food service experience preferred
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.