1. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
2. Works overtime when needed.
3. Projects a positive image within the Medical Center and the community.
4. Participates in providing quality service to all customers
5. Understands job responsibilities, anticipates needs and is prepared to accurately complete assignments in a safe and timely manner.
6. Performs dishroom activities:
- Fills dish machine tanks and checks soap and rinse solutions before washing dishes.
- Cleans and sanitizes service ware, pots and pans.
- Cleans and sanitizes food cart and loweraters.
- Removes trash from barrels as needed.
- Leaves dish room area clean and orderly, floors and walls clean.
- Alerts supervisor of all equipment failures and safety hazards that occur while working.
7. Performs tray station duties:
- Sets up tray stations completely and efficiently prior to meal service.
- Prepares patient trays according to diet orders and menu specifications.
- Prepares late trays and delivers them promptly.
- Identifies patients prior to delivering food items.
- Delivers meal carts to patient units at designated times.
- Returns patient carts to dish room at designated times.
- Checks nursing kitchens for leftover trays after each meal and delivers to dish room.
- Cleans tray line after each use.
- Assist cooks with setting up hot stations efficiently prior to meal service.
- Assist cooks with keeping hot station stocked efficiently.
- Assist cooks with getting special/charted items to the line as time allows and/or as directed.
- Run patient/resident late trays as assigned/needed.
- Thicken soups and coffees to standards at hot and cold stations.
8. Stocks supplies and maintains service area
- Displays bakery products in the cafeteria
- Brews coffee and stocks condiments as needed.
- Sets up yogurt machine for daily operation
- Stocks all silverware, dishes, paper and plastic goods, soda, snacks, ice cream and other products throughout the day.
- Cleans equipment after use
- Sotck hot and cold stations at the end of each meal service.
9. Performs sanitations duties:
- Empties trash, recycling barrels, and cardboard in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Cleans trash containers as needed.
- Removes waste from department and take to dumpster.
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors in all kitchen and cafeteria production areas, service areas and seating areas.
- Cleans walls, vents and equipment.
- Transfers grease from fryer pans to fat boy. Transfer grease in fat boy to receptable behind dumpster.
- Places mops and rags in receptacles after use.
- Clean hand sinks in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Cleans cafeteria tables and chairs daily and as needed.
- Removes waste and cleans waste containers in all nutrition service offices.
- Cleans kitchen grease traps.
- Cleans kitchen restrooms.
- Clean and sanitize all hot and cold stations after each meal service.
10. Performs customer service duties:
- Sets up workstation according to diagram prior to meal period.
- Knows menu items and portion control.
- Stirs food to keep looking fresh during service and notifies cook to anticipate run outs. Advises cook when food is no longer looking fresh and must be replaced.
- After service, cleans workstation and leaves area stocked and orderly.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.