This position involves repair of numerous pieces of rolling, fixed, and portable equipment. It requires an individual who is well versed in numerous fields and has excellent mechanical ability. The individual must be able to perform repair and preventative maintenance duties on electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems as well as general maintenance work. The individual shall perform daily maintenance on all equipment responsible for and complete specific preventive maintenance duties. This position is subject to rotational shift coverage to provide the Medical Center with general maintenance, repair and preventive maintenace 24-hours a day.
1. Perform routine minor maintenance and repairs as requested by on duty staff and/or work requisitions.
2. Perform regular scheduled rounds of Medical Center building, grounds and machine rooms.
3. Perform routine scheduled maintenance and tests on boilers and HVAC equipment.
4. Keep accurate logs of shift events, take readings/logs in Medical Center buildings
5. Respond to fire drills, code 66 calls, assists Nursing Service as required.
6. Feed animals, clean pens, perform grounds maintenance and snow removal as requested
7. Locks/unlocks doors, starts/stops equipment as scheduled.
8. Jump start cars, assist visitors.
9. Performs Repairs on furniture and equipment.
10. Repairs on most rolling equipment to include but not limited to; carts of all kinds, dish caddies, beds, wheelchairs, surgical tables and stretchers, kitchen, SPD and Materials Management equipment.
11. General repair of housekeeping equipment to include vacuums, scrubbers, etc.
12. General repair of folding doors, hardware, latches, closers, etc.
13. Performs electrical repair on all assigned equipment with ability to troubleshoot and replace defective switches, outlets, ballasts, etc..
14. Repair of plumbing systems to include rebuilding faucets and valves, replace defective supply & drainage piping, clean stopped up drains, etc.
15. Repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment to include replacements of belts and filters, cleaning of units, maintaining safety guards and hardware.
16. Installs wall hangings and appliances.
17. Repair of BP cuffs and associated equipment.
18. Sharpens cutting and shearing equipment.
19. Repair and maintenance of hydraulic hoists, chairs, etc.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School education required.
2. Must possess valid New York State driver's license and be insurable.
3. Strong mechanical ability and decision making skills required.
4. Formal education in the electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC fields or 2-3 years of on-the-job experience performing electrical, plumbing, HVAC and/or general maintenance repair and installation work required.
5. Experience with electric and oxygen/acetylene welding, brazing, soldering required
6. Ability to follow written instructions in reference to work orders, constructing, installations required
7. Ability to safely use hand and power tools required.
8. Ability to communicate well with Supervisors, co-workers, hospital staff, patients and visitors required.
9. Ability to portray professionalism associated with the position, work independently with minimal supervision and strive for continuous quality improvement required.
10. Experience of snow removal, painting, plastering, finishing techniques, etc. preferred.
11. NYS certification to Asbestos O & M preferred or certification obtained within
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.