Under the direction of the Supervisor, performs various materials functions that relate to receiving, storage/warehousing, inventory control, issuing, printing, and transporting of material. Operates an automated information management system according to established procedures.
1. Receives materials from common carriers, other delivery personnel, and hospital staff.
2. Accounts for the quantity, quality, and condition of incoming materials.
3. Processes information to the automated inventory / record keeping and management information system.
4. Prepares material for delivery to appropriate storage locations/supply points or returns to vendors.
5. Transports and issues materials and equipment throughout the Medical Center in a safe and efficient manner.
6. May transport people to/from main campus to off-site locations.
7. May transport materials and equipment to/from off site locations.
8. Identifies material shortage which may affect mission support.
9. May copy all special requests and forms requested by various departments using available copying equipment.
10. Operates and monitors vehicles/material handling equipment safely.
11. Maintains clean and orderly supply point, linen carts or warehouse shelves.
12. Maintains a clean vehicle.
13. Performs Quality Control functions for all inventoried items to include rotating stock and checking conditions of materials. 14. Demonstrates thoroughness and patience when orienting new employees.
15. Ensures SRQ's are 100% accurate at all times and all labels are accurate. Prints new labels as needed.
16. Ensures assignment is fully finished before leaving for the day or contact the supervisor on issues.
17. Contacts customer when requested products can't be located.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Must be able to receive, inventory, lift, move, and distribute materials in a rapid, accurate, skillful, and safe manner to hospital customers.
3. Must be able to operate equipment provided for the handling, processing, and transportation of material.
4. Must have basic clerical skills to account for the quantity of material or supplies issued or processed.
5. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
6. Appropriate New York State drivers license to operate assigned vehicles is required.
7. Prior retail/warehouse experience preferred.