1. Contributes to promoting a HEALING environment utilizing basic departmental and infection control standards.
2. Completes cleaning tasks associated with patient care, support, public and office areas according to current departmental and infection control guidelines.
3. Performs dish room activities:
- Fills dish machine tanks and checks soap and rinse solutions before washing dishes.
- Cleans and sanitizes service ware, pots and pans.
- Cleans and sanitizes food cart and loweraters.
- Removes trash from barrels as needed.
- Leaves dish room area clean and orderly, floors and walls clean.
- Alerts supervisor of all equipment failures and safety hazards that occur while working.
4. Provides, contributes and promotes to the Medical Centers waste management and recycling programs.
5. Performs tray station duties:
- Sets up tray stations completely and efficiently prior to meal service.
- Prepares patient trays according to diet orders and menu specifications.
- Prefares late trays and delivers them promptly.
- Identifies patients prior to delivering food items.
- Delivers meal carts to patient units at designated times.
- Returns pateint carts to dish room at designated times.
- Checks nursing kitchens for leftover trays after each meal and delivers to dish room.
- Cleans tray line after each use.
- Assit cooks with setting up hot stations efficiently prior to meal service.
- Assist cooks with keeping hot sation stocked efficiently.
- Assist cooks with getting special/charted items to the line as time allows and/or as directed.
- Run patient/resident late trays as assigned/needed.
- Thicken soups and coffees to standards at hot and cold stations.
6. Stocks supplies and maintains service or work area.
7. Inventories, delivers and rotates unit floor stock and generates appropriate order for other service workers to gather and prepare.
8. Stocks supplies and maintains service area:
- Displays bakery products in the cafeteria.
- Brews coffe and stocks condiments as needed.
- Stocks all silverware, dishes, paper and plastic goods, soda, snacks, ice cream and other products throughout the day.
- Cleans equipment after use.
- Stock hot and cold stations at the end of each meal service.
9. Performs sanitation duties:
- Empties trash, recycling barrels, and cardboard in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Cleans trash containers as needed.
- Removes waste from department and take to dumpster.
- Sweeps, mops in kitchen and as needed to maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Cleans walls, vents and equipment
- Places mops and rags in receptacles after use.
- Clean hand sinks in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Removes waste and cleans waste containers in all nutrition service offices.
- Clean and sanitize all hot and cold stations after each meal service.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment.
- Completes sanitation checklists as required and responsible for addressing any areas of non-conformance.
10. Performs customer service duties:
- Sets up workstation according to diagram prior to meal period.
- Knows menu items and portion control.
- Stirs food to keep looking fresh during service and notifies cook to anticipate run outs. Advises cook when food is no longer looking fresh and must be replaced.
- After service, cleans workstation and leaves area stocked and orderly.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality in all areas. This includes patients, families, co-workers, and physicians. In addition, this includes medical, financial, and personal information.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for individual judgments, actions, and decision making.
11. Delivers meals, nourishments, and floor stock in a timely manner.
12. Communicates any known issues with all pertinent parties (nursing, nutrition, etc.)
13. Works efficiently to assure timely setup of special functions.
14. Responsible for pouring coffee and teas as needed. Thicken beverages when necessary according to standards.
16. Transports patients to and from all areas of the Medical Center in a safe and efficient manner.
17. Transport mail, materials and equipment through the Medical Center.
18. Utilizes a computer complying with CVPH policy, for any type of mission support gaining access to information needed to accomplish job specific tasks.
19. Prepares materials for delivery to appropriate storage locations or supply points or returns to the vendor.
20. Demonstrates ability to respond to emergency situations as presented.
21. Performs Tele-Tracking duties as required.
22. Supports overall mission of CVPH by supporting additional functions/needs or tasks that arise through physical or technical growth.
- Participates when needed in flood, fire, construction needs, power outages and other emergencies and disaster drills.
- Wear safety equipment as required for the work being performed and in accordance to safety guidelines provided with equipment and in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Works additional hours to accommodate needs of snow events and seasonal work.
23. Maintain cleanliness of grounds and parking lot.
- Make daily rounds at entrances; sweep up accumulations of debris, cigarette butts, salt, and sand.
- Empty trash cans when level is more than half full. As needed clean trash can with soap and water.
- Hose down entrances area as needed.
- Patrol parking lots and turf areas daily to retrieve trash, branches and debris.
- Keep spider webs from building edges, corners and windows.
- Keep ground level windows clean and free from bird and insect droppings.
- Fill potholes.
24. Operate mechanical equipment
- 4X4 trucks with plows
- Box Truck/Van
- Frontend Loaders
- Sand Trucks
- Lawn Tractors/Mowers
- Automatic Floor Machines
- Carpet Extractors
- Side by Side scrubbers
- Wet Vacs
25. Performs other duties as assigned.