- Must be registered by the RDMS (Ab, OB or RVT).
- Must have 3 years of hospital ultrasound experience in a hospital setting, excluding training time.
- Requires sufficient sensitivity and interpersonal skills in dealing with apprehensive patients and family in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Requires positive and effective communicating skills for interaction with physicians and staff in any situation.
- Requires the ability to think and act quickly in order to deliver efficient quality care in a variety of stressful situations.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of all ultrasound equipment.
- Must be BLS certified (or obtained within 3 months).
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.