- High school graduate required.
- Associates Degree in business or healthcare preferred.
- Upon hire must be enrolled in medical terminology course and complete the course within 3 months of hire required OR have medical terminology certificate or have completed anatomy and physiology course as evidenced by transcript with “C” or better grade required.
- Microsoft Word course certificate required within 3 months of hire, or evidenced by passing a CVPH test requirement.
- Microsoft Excel course certificate preferred.
- Must pass a data entry test with an accuracy score of 95% required.
- Must become Certified Healthcare Access Associate within 24 months of hire.
- One year customer service experience and must be comfortable asking patients for money such as copays, deductibles, and coinsurances required.
- Upon hire must be enrolled in a basic coding course and complete the course within 3 months of hire required or have basic coding course certificate or transcript required.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.