Min Rate = $34.29 / Max Rate = $49.72. *Placement is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Units Agreement.
Registered Respiratory Therapists deliver both routine and critical care services for the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory dysfunction, including, but not limited to oxygen and aerosol therapy, respiratory care treatments, pulmonary diagnostic procedures, airway management, ventilator management, patient assessment and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The Registered Respiratory Therapist works independently in all areas of the hospital. They take an active role in planning departmental operations as needed.
Registered Respiratory Therapists provide the practice of the profession of respiratory therapy, which is undertaken pursuant to the direction of a duly licensed physician. This is defined as the performance of Cardio-Pulmonary evaluation, respiratory therapy treatment techniques, and education of the patient, family and public. Registered respiratory therapists may supervise respiratory therapy technicians and respiratory students in the practice of the profession. They take a decision-making role in planning patient care assignments, developing department direction and overseeing operations with recommendations provided.
1. Graduate of an approved Respiratory Program supported by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), or accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Eudcation Programs (CAAHEP).
2. Credentialed by the NBRC as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
3. New York State license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist or a Registry Eligible Certified Respiratory Technician and receive NYS license as a Respiratory Therapist within one year of hire date.
4. BLS certified; ACLS certified or obtained within one year of hire; PALS preferred.
5. Credentialed by NBRC as a Certified Pulmonary Technologist preferred.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.