- Must be registered by RDMS (Ab, OB or RVT) or pass the RDMS Registry within one year of meeting the eligibility requirements. Eligibility requirements will be reviewed by employee and manager / supervisor. In the event that an employee has unsuccessfully attempted to become registered within the required timeframe, the employee is granted a six month extension to become registered / credentialed.
- Requires sufficient sensitivity and interpersonal skills in dealing with apprehensive patients and family in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Requires positive and effective communicating skills for interaction with physicians and staff in any situation.
- Requires the ability to think and act quickly in order to deliver efficient quality care in a variety of stressful situations.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of all ultrasound equipment.
- Must be BLS certified (or obtained within 3 months).
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.