- Bachelor’s degree in Science (if not already board certified) required.
- Graduate of a formal medical dosimetry program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or foreign equivalent of at least 12 months in length required.
- Certification as Certified Medical Dosimetrist or eligible to sit for examination within 1 year of hire required.
- Two years of experience as a Dosimetrist preferred.
- Registration by AART as a Radiotherapy Therapist preferred.
- The ability to problem solve and resolve clinical or machine related issues, as well as perform mathematical calculations and strong understanding of the principles of physics is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and the ability to read diagnostic images for radiation dosimetry is required.
- Knowledge of radiation safety and brachytherapy source inventory required.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills necessary to work with physicians, technical staff and ancillary department personnel.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.